Today, I ran across this list of poorly chosen domain names and I'm still laughing about it. I would normally attribute the source of this list, but a quick search reveals that it has been plagiarized many, many times. So, what's one more? Instead, I present it verbatim.
All of these are companies that didn't spend quite enough time considering how their online names might appear - and be misread...
- Who Represents is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is
- Experts Exchange is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange Advice and views at
- Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at
- Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
- There's the Italian Power Generator company,
- And don't forget the Mole Station Native Nursery in New South Wales,
- If you're looking for IP computer software, there's always
- The First Cumming Methodist Church Web site is
- And the designers at Speed of Art await you at their wacky Web site,
The other night my 12-year-old son -- truly a rara avis -- and I watched an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos that featured practical jokes. Of course, many of the clips entailed someone getting the bejesus scared out of them.
Tuesday night, my son was alone at home for about an hour. Apparently he saw an news story about the tragic death of Michael Downing who accidentally stabbed himself through the heart while cooking lunch for his sons.
You may be able to see where this is going.
So, my wife came home Tuesday evening to find our son sprawled in a pool of blood on the kitchen floor with a knife laying on the floor beside him.
Luckily for both of them, she immediately spotted the tube of fake blood (left over from Halloween) laying on the floor also.
I can't imagine where he gets his humor.
Here's the middle school joke of the day, courtesy of my son.
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
I heard this joke many years ago, but last week I was reminded of it and told it to someone. Lo and behold, today I log onto my Google home page and was presented with the joke of the day.
How many racists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None -- they don't want to be enlightened!
Those that understand binary and those that don't.
The same can be said of this shirt.