I went to a friend's 40th birthday party this past weekend. Of course, everyone at the party was reminiscing and reflecting on middle age. Personally, I have found my years since 40 (all 5 of them) to be my best; for the most part, I have thoroughly enjoyed my forties. Even so, I heard myself and a lot of the people at the party show the symptoms of a bad case of the yoostas. You know what I'm talking about.
- Throw a football over 60 yards.
- Bench press 315 pounds a few times.
- Recover from a strain or bad bruise in a couple of days.
- Never buy any type of liniment.
- Party all night.
- Play sandlot tackle football with no pads.
- Eat anything without considering the consequences. Indeed without having any consequences.
- Get out of bed without any aches or pains.
- Not have to trim ear and nose hairs.
- Attempt physical stunts with no thought of injury.
- Read fine print in dim light.
- Not really know what hemorrhoids were.
- Never reflect on what I yoosta do.